top of page
Children raising hands



Studying in Canada as a Minor

Children in Indoor Playground

Canada supports the best interest of children, Public elementary or primary school is free for residents of Canada. If you’re sending your child to Canada to study, please check with the school to find out if there are fees for international students.


Generally, minor children need to apply for a study permit from outside of Canada, if they want to go to study in Canada. However, a minor child can go to school without a study permit if:

  • one parent (biological or adoptive) is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident

  • one parent (biological or adoptive) is permitted to study or work in Canada

  • neither parent is physically in Canada


Ready to take the next step?

We’re excited to learn more about you and your plans for life in Canada.  If you’d like to hear more about us and what we can do for you, contact us!

bottom of page