top of page

Business and Self-employed




Canada’s Start-up Visa Program helps immigrant entrepreneurs to establish businesses in Canada by allowing foreign business owners and their families to apply for permanent resident status. While waiting for their permanent residence, foreign entrepreneurs who have applied to the Start-up Visa Program are eligible for a temporary work permit, allowing them to travel to Canada to launch their businesses.

How to qualify for the Start-up Visa

  • Have a qualifying business

  • Secure commitment from a Designated Entity

  • Prove ability in English or French

  • Meet IRCC’s proof of funds requirement



Suitable if you can make a significant contribution to Canada's cultural or athletic life. or can buy and manage a farm.

How to qualify for the Self-Employed

  • have at least two years of relevant experience within the last 5 years

  • Selection criteria: experience, education, age, language, adaptability

  • Medical, security checks and other requirements



Intra-company transfers to Canada are a popular way for international workers to move to Canada. If you work for a company that has a parent company, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate in Canada, you may be able to secure a Canadian work permit through the Intra-company transfer program.

Intra-company transfers to Canada: categories

  • Executives

  • Senior managers

  • Workers with ‘specialized knowledge


Ready to take the next step?

We’re excited to learn more about you and your plans for life in Canada. Find out what we can do for you, contact us!

bottom of page